If you have extracted one or several smaller projects from your master project so that several project collaborators can work on different parts of your animatic simultaneously, you can replace the panels in your master prroject with the updated panels in one of the modified projects using the Merge Modified Panels dialog box.
This method is different from the Merge and Replace command in the following ways:
- You can only merge one sub-project at a time.
- It will automatically detect panels that need to merged into your master project based on their modification date, or whether or not they are tracked.
- It replaces individual panels instead of entire scenes.
When merging modified panels from a project into the current project, the following changes are not merged:
- Deleted panels
- Changes to camera position and camera movements
If you need to merge such changes, you need to use the Advanced Merge Storyboard dialog box instead—see Merging Projects and Replacing Scenes in the Current Project.
- Do one of the following:
- In the top menu, select File > Project Management > Merge Modified Panels.
- In the Project Management view, click on Menu and select Merge Modified Panels
—see Project Management View.
The Merge Modified Panels dialog box appears.
Click on the Browse button right of the text field at the top of the dialog.
The Open Storyboard Project dialog box appears.
- Browse to and select the project that you want to merge into the current project.
- Click Open.
In the drop-down
at the top of the Options section, select the way panels to merge into the current project should be selected:
Merge Most Recent: Merges every panel in the selected project that has been modified later than its corresponding panel in the current project.
To do this, it checks the date and time of the last modification made on each panel in the selected project. If this date and time is later than that of the last modification date on the corresponding panel in the current project, the panel will be merged.
- Merge Tracked Panels: If you have tracked your changes in the selected project, you can select this option to merge every panel in the selected project that is marked as changed.
- If you only want to merge changes to scenes that are present in the current project, check the Merge Existing Scenes Only option. Otherwise, scenes that are present in the selected project, but not in the current project will be imported into the current project.
- If any changes were made to the timing of the panels in the selected project, sound clips that are cued during those panels will be offset to remain synchronized with the action. By default, this happens even for sound clips that are inside locked audio tracks. If you don't want sound clips in locked audio tracks to be offset, check the Respect Locked Audio Tracks checkbox.
- If you don't want changes made to the captions in the selected project to be imported into the current project, check the Preserve Captions in Current Project checkbox.
- If you don't want changes to the length and order of the panels to be imported, check the Replace Artwork Only checkbox.
- If you don't want changes to the position, size, angle and animation of layers in the panels to be imported, check the Preserver Layer Transformations in Current Project checkbox.
- If the selected project is not in the list of linked projects in the Project Management view, and you want to add it to that list, check the Add Project to List checkbox.
The changes in the selected project will be imported into the current project. Each modification will be listed in the Report section.