On macOS, Harmony allows you to export QuickTime Movie files (.mov) using the Apple AVFoundation framework, which is pre-installed with macOS.
Contrary to Windows
- Proceed to the Movie Options dialog for the type of movie you want to export—see Exporting a Movie File or Exporting OpenGL Frames.
- In the Movie Options dialog box, click on the Codec drop-down and select one of the following video compression codecs:
- H.264: A very effective lossy compression algorithm that is commonly supported by web browsers and media players.
- Apple ProRes 422: A nearly lossless compression algorithm commonly used for video editing on Apple systems. This codec is optimized for preserving video quality, but not for publishing or streaming.
- Apple ProRes 4444: A nearly lossless compression algorithm commonly used for video editing on Apple systems. Compared to Apple ProRes 422, this codec preserves more colour detail and supports transparency. However, it results in heavier file sizes.
If you want to export a video with transparency, check the Alpha option.
In the Rate drop-down, select the desired sample rate for the movie's audio track. The higher the sample rate, the better the quality.
Right of Use, select whether you want to export audio using the Mono or Stereo channel mode.