If you configured your database server to launch using Service Launcher, you will also want the Link Server to launch using Service Launcher, so that it launches in the same circumstances and environment. For more information on running the database server with Service Launcher, see Running the Database Server on Log-In on GNU/Linux.
If you have already enabled he link server daemon, you will need to disable the daemon first to avoid launching two instances of the link server.
In a terminal, type in the following commands to stop, then disable the daemon:
$ sudo service toonboom_link_srv stop
$ sudo chkconfig toonboom_link_srv off
The link server daemon will stop and will no longer launch on boot.
Make sure you are currently signed-in as the user who will run the service.NOTE: This user will need to be logged in for the service to be running. The user does not need to have administrator privileges.
Do one of the following:
- If Service Launcher is not running, in the GNOME top menu, select Applications > Harmony 15.0Premium > Service Launcher.
- If Service Launcher is already running, click on its icon in the system tray.
The Service Launcher application starts.
- In the Application parameters section of the Preferences tab, make sure that the Launch on login option is checked, so that services configured in Service Launcher automatically launch when you log in to your account.
- Select the Link tab.
- Click on Launch to verify that the Link Server launches successfully through Service Launcher.
- Check the Launch when Service Launcher starts option.
In the top menu, select Server > Save All Settings.
From now on, the link server will launch through Service Launcher when you log in.