Using the Project Management view, you can instantly merge the changes made to a project that was extracted from your master project into your master project. All you need to do is to select the project in the list of linked projects, then click on the Merge Modified Panels from Selected Project button.
However, before you can merge your linked projects, you must select your merge settings in the Merge Settings dialog. You only need to select your merge settings once, and then those settings will be used every time you merge your linked projects. You can also change those settings at any time thereafter.
When merging modified panels from a project into the current project, the following changes are not merged:
- Deleted panels
- Changes to camera position and camera movements
If you need to merge such changes, you need to use the Advanced Merge Storyboard dialog box instead—see Merging Projects and Replacing Scenes in the Current Project.
In the Project Management view, click on the Merge Settings button.
The Merge Settings dialog box appears.TIP If you have never selected your merge settings before, clicking on the Merge Modified Panels from Selected Project button will also open the Merge Settings dialog, and will then merge the changes from the selected project.
In the drop-down
at the top of the dialog box, select the way panels to merge into the current project should be selected:
Merge Most Recent: Merges every panel in the selected project that has been modified later than its corresponding panel in the current project.
To do this, it checks the date and time of the last modification made on each panel in the selected project. If this date and time is later than that of the last modification date on the corresponding panel in the current project, the panel will be merged.
- Merge Tracked Panels: If you have tracked your changes in the selected project, you can select this option to merge every panel in the selected project that is marked as changed.
- If you only want to merge changes to scenes that are present in the current project, check the Merge Existing Scenes Only option. Otherwise, scenes that are present in the selected project, but not in the current project will be imported into the current project.
- If any changes were made to the timing of the panels in the selected project, sound clips that are cued during those panels will be offset to remain synchronized with the action. By default, this happens even for sound clips that are inside locked audio tracks. If you don't want sound clips in locked audio tracks to be offset, check the Respect Locked Audio Tracks checkbox.
- If you don't want changes made to the captions in the selected project to be imported into the current project, check the Preserve Captions in Current Project checkbox.
- If you don't want changes to the length and order of the panels to be imported, check the Replace Artwork Only checkbox.
- If you don't want changes to the position, size, angle and animation of layers in the panels to be imported, check the Preserver Layer Transformations in Current Project checkbox.
From this point on, if you click on the Merge Modified Panels from Selected Project button, the settings you just selected will be used when merging modifications from the selected project.
- In the Project Management view, select the project you want to merge changes from.
- Just above the list of linked projects, click on the Merge Modified Panels from Selected Project button.