Storyboard Pro 7.0.2 Release Notes
Here is the list of changes in Storyboard Pro 7.0.2, build 220.127.116.1157 (2020-07-06):
The video track section retains its size when increasing and decreasing the height of the Timeline. This mimics the behavior from previous versions of Storyboard Pro.
|Export to Storyboard Pro||
The exportToHarmony() method was added to the ExportManager class to export scenes to Harmony.
A script, TB_ExportToHarmony.js, which contains a usage example of this method, has been added to the packaged scripts.
|Shared export settings||The settings used by the various ExportManager methods are now shared. For more information, see the Generic export settings section of the ExportManager class in the Storyboard Pro Scripting Reference.|
|Burn-in time code||
Options to burn in a time code have been added to the options that can be set through scripting in the ExportManager class.
The new options are as follows:
For more information, see the Generic export settings section of the ExportManager class in the Storyboard Pro Scripting Reference.
Options to burn-in captions are now available in the ExportManager class. For more information, see the Caption burn-in settings section of the Storyboard Pro Scripting Reference.
|Export destination and file name pattern for exporting FBX files||The setFBXExportDestination() and setFBXExportNamingPattern() methods have been added to the ExportManager class. For more information,see the FBX specific settings section of the ExportManager class documentation in the Storyboard Pro Scripting Reference.|
|Select video track||
The setVideoTrackSelection() method has been added to the SelectionManager() class to select a video track by name. It can also be used to select the storyboard (panel) track:
|Blur bitmap layers||
The new applyBlurToBitmap(), applyRadialZoomBlurToBitmap() and applyDirectionalBlurToBitmap() methods were added to the LayerManager class to allow applying blur effects to bitmap layers using the scripting interface.
|Enable & disable layer animation||
The new setLayerAnimated() method of the MotionManager class allows enabling and disabling animation on a layer:
|Set Expand Render Area to Scene Camera option||
When using the ExportManager class to export a project for XML/AAF conformation, the Expand Render Area to Scene Camera option can now be set using the new setExpandRenderAreaToCamera() method.
For more information, see the FCP XML/AAF specific settings section of the ExportManager class in the Storyboard Pro Scripting Reference.
A hidden preference was added to allow the selection and manipulation of artwork in hidden layers.
To enable this preference, run the following line in the <<<Sandbox>>> script of the Script Editor view, then restart Storyboard Pro.
The following issues have been fixed in this release:
- The selected movie format resets to H.264/MPG4 every time the Export Movie dialog is opened on macOS. SB-3273
- Renaming panels sequentially for the whole project using the TB_RenamePanelProject.js script, can result in incorrect panel names if panel and scene names are locked. SB-2077
- Rare crash when exporting to Harmony with the Apply Transformation on Drawings option enabled. SB-3289
- Hidden layers are included in scenes when exporting to Harmony. SB-3269
- Rare crash on macOS when using the Select tool in the Stage View or Camera View while the Full Scene Antialiasing preference is enabled. SB-3267
- Export to Bitmap and Export to Layout commands overwrite files without warning when exporting a subset of panels. SB-3266
- Generating a PDF using the Preview button in the PDF Export view takes a long time on large projects. SB-3262
- Storyboard Pro sometimes freezes when stopping playback or scrubbing in the Timeline with audio enabled. SB-3259
- Captions written in Japanese don't spread properly when exporting to PDF. SB-3250
- Copying a scene changes the Z value if the camera Z position is 1.0 SB-3164
- The Split Current Scene command is not available in empty frames between panels. SB-2959
- The addCtrlPointAfterPath3d() method of the FunctionManager class changes the point before it is inserted. SB-3270
- The scene.saveAs() method does not work properly. SB-2818
- Renaming panels using the TB_RenamePanelByScene.js or TB_RenamePanelProject.js scripts, while panels and scenes names are locked, can result in incorrect panel names. SB-2077
- Crash may occur when attempting to delete a control point with the Centerline Editor. SB-1750