You can search captions to find a specific part of your text. This can become very handy when you have a large number of captions and text in your project.
- In the Panel or Storyboard view, select the caption field where you want to start searching.
Do one of the following:
- Right above the selected caption field, click on the Menu button and select Find Text in Captions.
- In the top menu, select Caption > Find Text in Captions.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + F (Windows) or ⌘ + Shift + F (macOS).
The Find Text in Captions dialog box appears.
In the Find field, type in the word, phrase or character string you are looking for.
If you only want to find instances of the search string that have the same case as the way you typed it in the Find field, check the Case sensitive option.
For example, if the Case sensitive option is not checked, the search string "My Storyboard" will match against "my storyboard", "MY STORYBOARD" and "My Storyboard". If it is checked, the search string "My Storyboard" will only match against "My Storyboard", where every letter being in the same case.
Select the Direction in which you want to search:
- Forward: Searches from the current position of the text cursor to the end of the selected caption field, then searches in the next caption fields in the current panel, and then in the ensuing panels.
- Backward: Searches from the current position of the text cursor to the beginning of the caption field, and then searches in the previous caption fields in the current panel, and then in previous panels.
- Click Find.
The first instance of the search string that is found will be made visible and will be highlighted in blue.
- Click Find again to locate the next instance of the search string that can be found in your project.