Storyboard Pro has an extensive set of 3D functionalities:
- You can move drawing layers are different distances from the camera's point of view.
- You can rotate drawing layers on any axis.
- You can import 3D models into your scene and place them into your panels at any position, size and angle.
- You can animate the position, size and angle of 3D models.
- You can adjust the position, size and angle of sub-objects in your 3D model.
- You can separate a sub-object from its 3D model and animate it independently.
Whether 3D functionalities are enabled depends on whether or not the current scene is in 2D mode or 3D mode. By default, scenes created in your project are in 2D Mode. 2D Mode disables 3D functionalities to avoid letting them clutter your workflow, since storyboards are often strictly 2D projects. However, you can enable 3D on a scene instantly and at any time, without it having any negative impact on the scene. 3D functionalities cannot be enabled for a single panel, or for the whole project at a time.