Installing Storyboard Proon your workstation is a relatively simple and straightforward process. After installing the product, you will need to activate it before you are able to launch and use it.
On Windows, Storyboard Pro is provided in an installation wizard that will install the application and create shortcuts on the Desktop and in the Start menu. Launching the installation wizard must be authorized by a user with administrator privileges.
- Windows Media Player must be installed to enable Storyboard Pro's audio and video transcoding capabilities. On most consumer versions of Windows, it is installed by default.
- QuickTime Player is required if you want to export movie files in QuickTime Movie (.mov) format. Otherwise, Storyboard Pro will only export movie files in Windows Media Video (.wmv) format. However, the application does not need QuickTime Player to launch and can be used without it.
- Adobe Reader is required on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 in order to read PDF documents. On Windows 10, Microsoft Edge can be used to read PDF files.
On macOS, Storyboard Pro is provided in an Apple Disk Image(.dmg) file, which contains the software package. It must be opened and its content must be copied over to the Applications directory for the software to be installed.
Copying the application's files does not require administrator privileges. However, since the application cannot be verified by macOS, launching the application for the first time must be authorized by an administrator. After that, it will be authorized permanently and regular users will be able to launch it.
- In a file browser, double-click on the installer package you have downloaded.
- When prompted by Windows, confirm giving the permission to the installer to make changes to your device.
- In the Choose Setup Language prompt, select the preferred language for the installation process and for the end-user license agreement.
- Wait for the install package to be extracted.
- In the welcome screen, click on Next.
- If you accept the license agreement presented in the installation wizard, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, then click on Next. Otherwise, click on Cancel.
- If you want to install Storyboard Pro in the default installation directory, select Next. Otherwise, click on Change and select a preferred installation directory.
- Click on Install.
- Wait for the installation process to finish.
Once the process is finished, you can launch Storyboard Pro—see Starting Toon Boom Storyboard Pro.
- In a file browser, double-click on the application package you have downloaded.
- Wait for macOS to verify the content of the package.
The License Agreement prompt appears.
- If you accept the license agreement presented by the application package, click on the Agree button. Otherwise, click on Disagree.
- In the Finder window that opens, select Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 6.
- Drag and drop the selected folder in Applications.
- Wait for the application to finish copying.
- Double-click on Applications, then on Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 6.
- Right-click on StoryboardPro and select Open.
- When prompted by macOS, confirm that you want to launch the application even though the developer cannot be confirmed.
Storyboard Pro will launch. From that point on, the application will remain authorized and can be launched by any user simply by double-clicking on the application icon.
- Refer to the License Activation documentation for steps on how to activate your product. It can be found at the following address:
- Windows Media Player is pre-installed on most versions of Windows, but may be disabled. Follow these steps to make sure it is enabled.
- From the Start menu search bar, search for Control Panel and launch the Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel, go to Programs > Turn Windows features on or off.
- In the list of Windows features, find and expand the Media Features option. Windows Media Player should listed under Media Features. If either of these options are not listed, see below.
- Ensure both the Media Features and Windows Media Player check boxes are checked.
- Click OK.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
- Restart Windows.
- Media Feature Pack for Windows 7: https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=16546
- Media Feature Pack for Windows 8: https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30685
- Media Feature Pack for Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=48231