You can use the Polyline tool to draw complex segmented lines or curved lines by creating each point constituting the line.
How to draw with the Polyline tool
- In the Timeline or Thumbnails view, select the panel, then layer on which you want to draw.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Polyline tool.
- In the
Stageview, do one of the following:
TIP: While dragging to create a Bezier handle, you can:
- Click to create a point with no Bezier handles.
- Click and drag to create a point and its Bezier handles in the same stroke.
- Hold the Alt key to only change the angle of the outer handle, and leave the inner handle at its current angle.
- Hold the Shift key to lock the angle of the handle at every 15 degrees.
- Click or click and drag somewhere else to create the second point in your line. A line will be drawn between the first point and the second point.
- Repeat the previous step until your line is complete.
- While holding (Undefined variable: SBP_Keyboard_Shortcuts.Ctrl (Windows/Mac)), click anywhere in the drawing space to release the Polyline tool from the line you've been building. You can then start building a new line.
- If you want to make adjustments to the line you created, you can use the Contour Editor tool—see Reshaping a Shape, Pencil Line or Stroke with the Contour Editor Tool.