When creating a new project in Storyboard Pro, you can immediately start drawing in the selected panel using one of the drawing tools at your disposal.
- In the Timeline or Thumbnails view, select the panel in which you want to draw.
- In the Layer panel of the Stage view, select the layer on which you want to draw.
- Do one of the following:
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Brush tool.
- In the top menu, select Tools > Brush.
- Press Alt + B.
- In the Presets list of the Tool Properties view, select a brush preset to use.
- Use the Maximum Size slider to select the desired size for your brush.
- In the Colour view, do one of the following to select a colour:
- Use the Hue, Saturation and Value sliders to select the colour with which you want to draw.
- Select a colour swatch from the swatch list.
- In the Stage view, draw a stroke.
- If you press and hold the Shift key before you start drawing, your stroke will be a straight line.
- If you press and hold the Shift key while you're drawing, the part of your stroke from that point on will be a straight line until you release the Shift key.
- If you press and hold the Shift and the Alt keys before drawing, your stroke will be a straight line in an angle that is a multiple of 15 degrees.
- If you press and hold the (Undefined variable: SBP_Keyboard_Shortcuts.Ctrl (Windows/Mac)) key while drawing, your stroke will be a closed shape.
- If you press and hold the Alt key
while drawing on a vector layer, your tool will snap in a straight line to the nearest existing shape.