- Do one of the following:
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Paint tool.
- In the top menu, select Tools > Paint.
- Press Alt+I.
- In the Colour view, do one of the following to select a colour:
- Use the Hue, Saturation and Value sliders to select the colour with which you want to draw.
- Select a colour swatch from the swatch list.
If you want to save your colour so you can reuse it later, click on the Add Colour
button in the Colour view to store the colour into a new colour swatch.
- In the Stage view, start painting on your drawing by clicking the area to be painted. If you want to fill several areas simultaneously, draw a lasso around them.
If the shape you are trying to paint is not fully closed, it will not fill. You can make the Paint tool automatically close small gaps in the shapes you attempt to fill by increasing the Close Gap
setting of the Paint tool in the Tool Properties view. To close big gaps, you can use the Close Gap
tool, which is available in the pop-up menu of the Paint
tool in the Tools toolbar.