A complete storyboard is not only made of drawings, but also dialogue, actions, and valuable indications. In Storyboard Pro, you can easily import a script into your storyboard project to help edit captions.
You can import a script in plain text (.txt), Rich Text Format (.rtf) or Final Draft XML (.fdx) directly into the Script field of the Storyboard view.
- In the Storyboard view, click the Caption Menu button and:
- If your script is in plain text (.txt) or Rich Text Format (.rtf), select Import Caption.
- If your script is in Final Draft XML (.fdx) format, select Import Final Draft Script.
- In the file browser, locate and select your script file, then click on Open.
The script appears in the Script caption field.
- Start the Final Draft Tagger software.
- Select File > Import Script, the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + I (Windows) or ⌘+I (macOS).
The Import dialog box opens.
- In the browser, select your script file and click Open.
Your script appears in Final Draft Tagger.
- Select File > Export to XML.
- Close the Final Draft Tagger application.