If you make changes to the 3D object, such as its dimensions, position, or rotation, and you want to revert back to the object’s original settings, you do not need to delete the object and start over. You have couple of options:
- You can use the Undo command to undo any of the changes you made to the object or in the panel since the project was last saved.
- You can use the Reset Transform command to revert to the object’s original settings (position and dimensions).
The Reset Transform command will only affect the selected element, reverting it back to its default dimensions, position, and rotation for all the frames in the panel (First Frame and Last Frame).
When you import a 3D element that contains 3D nodes, all these nodes are in their default position and size/proportion. You can make changes to these nodes, but if you want to reset a node to its default position (undoing all the changes you made), you can restore each node to its default settings.
- In the Stage, Camera or Layers view, select the 3D object you want to reset.
- Select Layer > Reset Transform.
- Select the sub-object you want to reset by doing one of the following:
- While holding (Undefined variable: SBP_Keyboard_Shortcuts.Ctrl (Windows/Mac)), click on the sub-object in the Stage or Camera view.
- Select the sub-object in the 3D Graph view.
- Some sub-objects do not have geometry, and are represented with a peg icon in the 3D graph view. Those objects only serve as parents of other sub-objects with geometry, represented with a drawing icon in the 3D Graph view. Since those objects have no visible component, you have to use the 3D Graph view to select them. To help find these objects in the 3D Graph, you can select one of the object's visible children in the Stage or Camera view, then select that sub-object's parent in the 3D Graph view.
- To select multiple sub-objects in the Camera and Stage view, hold Ctrl + Shift (Windows) or Shift + ⌘ (Mac OS X) and click on each sub-object you want to select.
- To select multiple sub-objects in the 3D Graph view, hold (Undefined variable: SBP_Keyboard_Shortcuts.Ctrl (Windows/Mac)) and click on each sub-object you want to select, or hold Shift and click on the first sub-object that you want to select.
- To select a series of sub-objects in the 3D Graph view, hold Shift, click on the first sub-object you want to select, then on the last sub-object you want to select. Every sub-object in-between will be selected, inclusively.
The selected sub-object will appear in green, and the 3D manipulator will be centered on the selected sub-object.
- Select Layer > Reset Selected 3D Sub-Object.
The selected sub-objects return to their default position, angle and size.