Merging Storyboard Projects
After dividing your storyboard project by splitting or extracting it, you may need to reassemble all the files into a single project file. By merging several projects into one, you can have one final Storyboard Pro project.
- Select File > Project Management > Merge.
The Merge Storyboard window opens.
- Click Import Project.
- In the browser window that opens, search for a Storyboard Pro project file that you want to merge with your current file and click Open.
The file name appears in the top section of the Merge Storyboard window.
- Continue adding files until you have all the files you need.
- Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to reorganize the files into the order in which you want them to be imported in relation to your current file.
- Select any unwanted project file names and click Remove Project to delete them from the list.
- In the Captions section, select a caption from under one of the project name headings and click Remove Caption to keep them from being imported into the merged file.
Removal will be indicated by highlighting that caption in grey. If you change your mind about removing a caption, select that caption and click Add Caption to reinstate it.
- If you created new caption fields in your current project, the captions associated with certain panels in the project files that you intend to import and merge will not correspond. You may also have new dialogue or notes that you would like to insert into the proper fields, but would like to keep the old information just to be safe.
Use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to move the caption text around. If you move a caption from a certain project to a blank row, a new field will be created for this text in the project’s panel window.
- By default, scene numbers will be updated to avoid number conflicts, however, you can force the scene‘s numbering by selecting the Force scenes numbering option. If you do this, you must enter a number in the Start scene number field. This number will be assigned to the first scene in import project list section above.
- Select the Use project name as scene‘s prefix option if you want the imported project’s name to remain on all its scenes in the new merged file. The scene‘s new name will be its number in the merged file, prefixed by the file it originated from.
- Select the Create new soundtracks option if you want to have the sound element from each imported project appear in a separate soundtrack (row) in the Timeline. Otherwise, all the sound elements will appear in the same soundtrack in the new merged project.