Import Images as Scenes
You can import one or more images and have Storyboard Pro automatically create a new scene for each. This useful when you have a series of bitmap images that you need to include, such as backgrounds or scanned storyboards.
The supported image formats include: *.bmp, *.jpg, *.omf, *.opt, *.pal, *.png, *.psd, *.scan, *.sgi, *.tga, *.tif, *.tvg, and *.yuv.
- Select File > Import > Images as Scenes.
The Choose Image Files browser opens.
- Browse to the desired images, select one or more images, and click Open.
The images are imported and a new scene is created for one.
When using the Import Images as Scenes function, you can save a little time by using the following naming convention for your bitmap images when you scan. Having your bitmap images named in the following manner, will allow acts, scenes, panels and layers to be created upon import into Storyboard Pro.
- When scanning images, name them according to the following example:
- Name: This is the name of the project. This string will not be inserted into the Storyboard Pro project, but it is mandatory.
- A: Indicates the act the image will be placed in. Replace the
#with the number of the act.
- S: Indicates the first (or only) scene the image will be placed in. Replace the
#with the number of the first scene this image will be used in.
- E: (Optional attribute) Use this attribute along with the
Sattribute if you want the image to be included in multiple scenes. Replace the
#with the number of the last scene this image will be used in.
- P: (Optional attribute) This attribute is to indicate which panel the image will be placed in. Replace the
#with the number of the panel in the scene.
- L: (Optional string) This string is to indicate the name of the layer where the image will be placed. Replace the
#with the number of the layer in the scene.
- Select File > Import > Images as Scenes, and browse to the location on your computer where your images are saved.
The following are two examples of how the Automatic Insertion could be used:
- The drawings are scanned and named as such:
- Then, imported using the File > Import > Images as Scenes command, they are imported in the following order in the Storyboard Pro project:
- A drawing is scanned and named like this: RocketRodeo-A1-S100-E102-P1-LBG.jpeg.
- Then, imported using the File > Import > Images as Scenes command, the image is placed in act 1, in scenes 5 through 7, on panel 1 on a layer called Background: