Creating Tool Presets
To create a tool preset, you will need to select a tool, adjust the properties, and then create a tool preset for it. Once you have created a tool preset, you can make adjustments to fine-tune it, as well as create a keyboard shortcut for it. All tool presets are displayed in the Tool Presets toolbar.
- In the Tools toolbar, select a tool, for example the Brush tool.
In the Panel view, use the Tool Properties view and/or the Brush Properties window to customize the tool.
- To set a specific colour for your preset, in the Colour view, select the colour swatch to link to the tool.
NOTE: When using a tool preset in a scene that is not using the assigned colour swatch, a colour recovery dialog box appears prompting you to add the colour to the scene.
- In the Tool Presets toolbar, click the New Tool Preset
- In the New Preset dialog box, in the Name field, type a name for your new preset.
From the icon list, select an icon to quickly identify your preset or upload your own by clicking the File button.
- (Optional) From the Shortcut menu, set a keyboard shortcut to quickly access your preset. By default, the shortcuts are unassigned. To assign a keyboard shortcut, select Edit > Preferences > Shortcuts > Tool Presets (Windows) or Storyboard Pro > Preferences > Shortcuts > Tool Presets (Mac OS X).
- When you select an option, it will take effect when you use the tool preset. If an option is deselected, then using a tool preset will not override your current settings.
- Colour: Saves the current colour into the tool preset.
- Layer: Lets you select a drawing layer to be used on the current panel when the tool preset is clicked. When selecting the preset, if the assigned layer exists, it will be selected, if not, it will be created. When changing panels, depending on your global navigation setting, it will look for the layer. If it does not exist, the first layer will be selected. Select the Layer option, assign a layer to the tool preset, and decide whether the layer is vector or bitmap.
- Draw Behind: When this option is selected, saves the specified Draw Behind option to the tool preset. When deselected, the current Draw Behind status is unchanged when the tool preset is clicked
—see About Brush Modes.
- Auto Flatten: When this option is selected, saves the specified Auto-Flatten state to the tool preset. When deselected, the current Auto-Flatten state is unchanged when the tool preset is clicked
—see About Brush Modes.
- Click OK.