Text contained in a text field is treated as a single drawing object. You can easily separate the text so that each character becomes an individual drawing object that you can select and modify independently.
- In the Tools toolbar, click the Select tool or press Alt+S.
- In the Stage View, select the text object you want to break.
- Right-click the text and select Convert > Break ApartText Layers.
Each character is now surrounded by its own bounding box that you can modify, they remain text objects that you can edit.
- If you want to convert your independent letter to a complete vector object that you can deform, using the Select tool, select the letters to convert.
- Right-click the text and select Convert > Break ApartText Layers to break the selection into a regular drawing object, with no more text attributes.