You can record sound directly from Storyboard Pro and insert it in the timeline.
- In the Timeline view, add a new audio track if needed.
- Position the play head at the frame you want your recording to begin and select the audio track you want to record your sound guide in.
- Select File > Import > Record Sound.
The Record Sound dialog box opens.
- In the Target Sound Track section:
- Select the New Sound Tracks option to create a new audio track for the recording.
- Select the Current Sound Track option to record in the selected audio track.
- In the Target Frame section:
- Select the First Frame option to start the recording on the first frame of the project.
- Select the Current Frame option to start the recording on the current frame.
- In the Import Rule section:
- Select the Overwrite Existing Sound Clips option so that the resulting audio clip will be position in its entire length, overwriting any existing clip positioned in its way.
- Select the Fill Next Available Frames option so that the recording do not overwrite the position of existing audio clips that are on the same audio track.
- In the Record Sound Clip section:
- Name the audio clip.
- Click the Record button to start the recording.
- Click the Stop button to stop the recording.
- Click the Play button to preview the recording.
- Click OK.
The recording is imported in the selected audio track of your project.