Importing Images as Layers
As you build your scene, you may want to use bitmap images for backgrounds and overlays. You may also want to import an image as a reference for a vector drawing you want to create. With Storyboard Pro, you can import a variety of bitmap formats (TVG, OPT, PAL, SCAN, SGI, TGA, YUV, OMF, PSD, PNG, JPG, JPE or JPEG) which you can combine with your vector-animated content to create rich and unique graphic styles. You can import a single image (or multiple images located in the same folder) into a new layer.
You can vectorize images upon import. To display the Vectorization Parameter dialog bo
- Select the panel to which you want to import the image(s).
- Select File > Import > Images as Layers.
The Choose Image Files dialog box opens.
- Select the image to import and click Open.
NOTE: To select multiple images, hold down Ctrl (Windows) or ⌘ (macOS) as you click.
A layer is created in your panel, containing the imported image. If you selected more than one image, each image will be imported in alphanumerical order on its own layer.
If you selected a
*.psd image with multiple layers, a message will appear giving you the option to import each layer separately.
- Click Yes to import each layer on its own layer in the panel.
- Click No to create a layer behind the existing layers, containing the selected