Exporting 3D Animation (FBX) Files
You can export your project's scenes, sequences or the entire project into animated Filmbox (.fbx) files. This can be useful if your project has 3D elements. The exported Filmbox (.fbx) file will contain all the 2D and 3D elements in your animatic as well as their animation. You can them import it in a third-party software and use it as a template to create the 3D animations for your production.
- Select File > Export > FBX.
The Export to FBX dialog box opens.
- In the Destination Path section, click the Browse button and choose a folder in which to save the exported files.
- In the File Pattern field, type in a prefix
or a file naming patternfor the exported files —see About File Naming Patterns.
- To include the camera frame’s black border in the scene, select the Export Camera Frame option.
- From the One Clip list, select one of the following:
- Per Scene: Exports one clip per scene.
- Per Project: Exports one clip for the entire project.
- Per Sequence: Exports one clip per sequence. This option is available only if your project contains sequences.
- In the Export Range section, select whether you want to export the entire project, or only specific parts of it:
- All: Includes all the scenes in your project.
- Current Scene: Includes only the scene you selected when you opened this dialog box.
- Current Sequence: Includes only the scenes from the sequence you selected when you opened this dialog box. This option will only be visible if your project contains sequences.
- Click the OK button.