Before you can perform transformations such as a rotation, scale, skew or flip, you must select the objects using the Select tool. Once selected, you can transform all the objects within the bounding box simultaneously. There are various controls around the bounding box for you to manipulate a selection.
Some transformations are relative to the position of the pivot point, which you can temporarily reposition.
- In the Timeline or Thumbnails view, select the panel and layer on which you want to select objects.
- In the Tools toolbar, click the Select tool or press Alt + S.
- In the Stage view, select an object. To select all objects, press Ctrl + A (Windows) or ⌘ + A (Mac OS X ).
- In the Stage view, select some objects. Position the cursor over a stroke and when you see the move cursor appear, drag to move the selection to a new location.
NOTE: To make it easier to move selected objects without having to position the cursor over a stroke, you can set the Select Tool Bounding Box is Movable option in the Preferences dialog box (Tools tab). This lets you place the cursor anywhere inside the bounding box and move its contents. This option applies to these tools: Select , Select by Colour, and Cutter.
- To nudge selected objects, use Arrow keys on your keyboard. To move objects in larger increments, press Shift + Arrow keys.
- To rotate selected objects, position the cursor at any corner of the bounding box. When you see the rotate cursor, drag to rotate. Press Shift as you drag to rotate in 15 degree increments.
- To scale selected objects, position the cursor at any corner of the bounding box. When you see the scale cursor appear, drag to resize. Press Shift as you drag to maintain the aspect ratio.
- To skew selected objects, position the cursor on any side of the bounding box and drag to skew.
- In the Stage view, select one or more objects.
The pivot point appears in the middle of the bounding box.
- Drag the pivot point to a new position.
This becomes the new position of the pivot point for the current transformation and will remain there until you make a new selection.