Drawing with Bitmap Brushes
Drawing on a bitmap layer is similar to drawing with a bitmap tool in Photoshop or Painter. You can select and move bitmap strokes. However, layering strokes on top of each other will merge (flatten) them. Instead of drawing lines, you are laying down the individual pixels. This gives you finer control over the brush itself, as well as the shading and colour of the drawing.
- In the Stage view, add a bitmap layer
—see Adding Layers.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Brush tool or press Alt + B.
The Tool Properties view, if it is open, displays the properties relevant to the bitmap Brush tool.
- In the Colour view at the bottom of the Tool Properties view, select a colour.
- To switch the colour picker from HSV to RGB, in the Colour view menu, select RGB Sliders or HSV Sliders.
- In the Stage view, start drawing.