Adding a 3D Object to a Panel
Once you have a 3D object in your library, you can insert it to your panels by dragging and dropping it from the Library view to the Stage or Camera view. Once a 3D object is in a panel, it is considered one of your panel's layers. You can move, rotate and resize your object, you can animate it and you can also hide, display and separate the various sub-objects of the 3D object.
- In the Thumbnails or Timeline view, select the panel to which you want to add a 3D object.
- In the Library view, select the 3D Models library.
- In the list of 3D models, select the model you wish to add to the current panel.
If you have not imported your 3D object to the 3D models library yet, see Importing 3D Objects to your Project Library.
- Drag and drop the 3D model from the Library view to the Stage or Camera view:
- To insert it between two specific layers, drop it between those layers in the Layer panel of the Stage or Camera view.
- If you want to insert it over all the other layers, you can drop it directly in the Stage or Camera view.
The 3D model is inserted into your panel, in its original size, in the centre of the stage. A layer for the 3D model is added to the layer list.
- To modify the position, size and angle of the 3D model, use the Layer Transform tool—see About 3D Object Positioning.