You can draw with the Pencil tool to create central vector lines.
- In the Thumbnails or Timeline view, select the panel on which you want to draw.
- In the Camera, Stage, or Thumbnails view, select a vector layer to draw on.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Pencil tool or press Alt + 9.
- You can change the current colour by adjusting the sliders in the Colour view, or click a swatch to use that colour. To add colour swatches
—see Adding Colour Swatches.
- In the Stage view, start drawing.
- You can quickly adjust the size of the selected drawing tool by pressing and holding the O key, then clicking and dragging in the drawing space. If you are using a tablet pen, doing this with the eraser tip of your pen will adjust the size of the Eraser tool, regardless of which drawing tool is selected.
- If you press and hold the Shift key before or while drawing, you will draw a straight line.
If you press and hold the Shift and Alt keys before or while drawing, you will draw a straight horizontal or vertical line.
If you press and hold the Ctrl (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ (macOS) key while drawing, your drawing stroke will turn into a closed shape.
If you press and hold Alt before drawing a stroke, and start drawing near existing artwork, the start of your drawing stroke will connect to that artwork.
If you press and hold Alt while drawing a stroke, and end your drawing stroke near existing artwork, the end of that drawing stroke will connect to that artwork.