Once you have imported a 3D model in the Library, you can easily replace it with a new one using the Replace 3D Model command. This will update all instances of the model used in the project.
- In the Library view, click the 3D Models folder to display its contents.
- From the 3D Models folder, select the model you want to replace.
- Right-click on the selected model and select Replace 3D Model.
A browser window opens.
- In the browser, locate the 3D model file you want to replace and click Open.
The Rename Node dialog box opens.
- Click Yes to rename the model you are replacing.
- Click No to keep the existing model name.
- Select the Don't show this message again option to prevent this dialog box from opening again, and use the same behavior as you choose now for future use of the Replace 3D Model command.
The 3D model is updated in the Library view and in your project.