Sending a PSD file into a Harmony scene
You can send a PSD file directly to Harmony using Producer.
- In top menu bar, go to Asset > Manage.
- In the secondary toolbar, click on the Create Asset button.
The Create Asset dialog box opens.
- In the Create Asset dialog box, specify the name of the asset (in this case the name of he PSD file).
- Check the Harmony Standalone option box.
- In the Workspace ID field, specify the workspace ID—see About Sending Assets to Harmony (Baking).
- In the Relative Path field, enter the end of the path extenxsion. The relative path relates to where the asset is located within the workspace.
- In the Workflow drop-down menu, specify the workflow by choosing one from the list.
- Click on the Add Asset button.
The PSD file is now available in Harmony.
- From your desktop top menu bar, click on the Producer icon and select Login.
The Login to Producer dialog box appears.
- Enter the web address of your Producer, as well as your username and password.
- From your desktop top menu bar, click on the Producer icon and select Upload External Asset.
The External Asset Upload dialog box opens.
- In the Project drop-down menu, select the project where your asset is located.
- In the Asset Name field, click on the magnifying glass icon to search for the asset and identify it.
- In the Process drop-down menu, select a workflow task to specify which task/process the snapshot is being uploaded for.
- In the Source section, click on the the Select File button to browse and locate your asset file.
- In the Preview section, click on the Select File button to upload a preview file, if one is available.
- Click on the Create Snapshot button to upload the preview and inform Producer of the location of the actual asset.
- Complete the asset assembly (associating assets from the asset list to the scenes in the Production List)—see Assembling.
- In the Production list, select one or multiple scenes to bake.
- Press the Bake button (the one with the Harmony logo).
The Bake Assets in Harmony dialog box appears.
- Click on the drop-down menu to select how you want the asset to be baked.
- Copy assets to their associated scene’s local library only
Default option. This option makes the asset available within the scene without adding it to the timeline and Node view.
- Always paste assets into the scene itself
This option puts a copy of the asset in the local library of the scene and will add the asset directly to the timeline and the Node view. To protect the work that was done and to avoid confusion, this option creates a new version of the scene that will be called “producer paste” and this version will become the current version.
- Click on the Bake button.
The PSD is baked into the selected Harmony scenes.