Drawing Annotations While Reviewing Scenes
The Review tool allows you to freeze on a specific frame in the preview movie, draw annotations over it using a variety of drawing tools, then add this annotation to the scene, as a note.
An annotation is added to a scene as an attachment to a note. They can be viewed from the Review page as well as Production and My Task pages by opening the note attachment.
- Open the review session containing the scene you wish to review.
- In the Scenes column, select the scene to which you want to add a note.
- Go to the exact frame to which you want to add an annotation by doing one or several of the following:
- Play the video up until it is at the right frame, then pause it.
- To fast forward to the frame you want to annotate, click and drag on the play head and release it when it is at the right frame.
- To go back one frame, click the Show Previous Frame button under the video player or press the Left key.
- To go forward one frame or click the Show Next Frame button under the video player or press the Right key.
For the keyboard shortcuts to work with the video player, you must click inside the Review tool, but outside of the video player.
- In the top right, click the Display drawing toolbar button.
The drawing toolbar appears.
- You can use the following tools in the drawing toolbar to draw over the frame:
- Use the Pen tool to draw on the frame.
- Use the Arrow tool to draw arrows.
- Use the Box tool to draw rectangles and boxes.
- Use the Straight Line tool to draw straight lines.
- Use the Erase tool to erase any drawings..
- Set the Set Drawing Colour tool to change the colour of your drawing tool.
- Use the Undo Last Drawing tool to undo the last drawing stroke.
- Use the Redo Last Drawing tool to redo the last stroke you undid.
- Use the Clear All Strokes tool to clear all drawings
- In the Review process drop-down below the preview area, ensure the process for which you want to add an annotation to is selected.
- Do one of the following:
- To only add your annotation to the scene without approving it or sending it for revision, click the Save Note button.
- To add the annotation to the scene and send it for revision, click the Revise Scene button.
- To add the annotation to the scene and approve it, click the Approve Scene button.
The note and its annotation will appear in the Notes column in the middle, near the top.
If you approved the scene or sent it for revisions, an extra note will appear in the Notes column indicating so. The icon next to the scene in the Scenes list will also change to represent its current status.