Jobs are a collection of scenes. Typically, jobs are used to separate the episodes or other segments of an animated series. Special jobs can also be created to store scenes containing character models and assets for a series.
A new job does not have any scenes by default. To start creating the structure of a job, scenes must be manually created by a user with administrative privileges. A job can have as many scenes as needed.
Users with the appropriate privileges can add, edit, retire, and delete jobs, and all users may search, open, and view jobs.
- In the main menu, select Production.
The Production tab opens.
- In the All Environments drop-down menu, select the environment you are looking for.
- Once in the environment, click on the Add Jobs button.
The Create Job window appears.
- In the Number of jobs field, enter the desired number of jobs you would like to populate the environment. You can always add more jobs later.
- Click in the Start Date field to bring up the calendar and choose the start date for the first job.
- If you entered a value greater than one in the Number of jobs field, in the Days between jobs field, you have the option to set the number of days between jobs.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the job. This is the only mandatory field. If you use a number at the end of the job name, Producer will automatically create a sequence for the subsequent jobs using the same numbering convention (ie: 101; 102; 103; etc.).
- In the Job Workflow drop-down menu, select an existing workflow. This could be either one of the workflows that comes with Producer or a workflow from another environment in your account. You can always change it later in Settings.
- In the Scene Workflow drop-down menu, select an existing workflow. This could be either one of the workflows that comes with Producer or a workflow from another environment in your account. You can always change it later in Settings.
- Check the Create in Harmony option box if you want to create Harmony files directly to the Harmony Server (if connected). Do NOT check this option if your scenes will be created in Harmony Standalone.
If you checked this option, you now have the option to add the Job name and Version of Harmony.
- Click on the Create Job button.
Your job page will look something like this: