Environments are a collection of jobs, each of which is a collection of scenes. Typically, environments are used to separate the seasons of an animated series, or to separate animation series themselves. Special environments can also be created to store scenes containing character models and assets for a series.
A new project does not have any environments. To start creating the structure of a project, environments must be manually created by a user with administrative privileges. A project can have as many environments as needed.
Users with the appropriate privileges can add, edit, retire, and delete environments.
- In new project, click on the Add Environment button.
The Create Environment window appears.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the Environment.
- In the Description field, you can choose to add an optional description for the environment.
- If you choose, you can check the Create in Harmony checkbox to create the environment directly in Harmony in you are connected to the Harmony server.
If you do choose this option, you now have the option to create a different environment name than the one that will appear in Producer, as well as the version of Harmony used in the environment.
- If you choose, you can drag and drop an image or movie clip file onto the Add a default thumbnail box, to create a preview image for the environment—see Adding a Preview Image for an Asset.
- Click on the Create Environment button.
The environment appears in your project.