When an asset is created with a workflow, all of that workflow’s tasks are added to it by default. It is possible to remove specific tasks from an asset’s workflow, as well as to add back tasks that were previously removed.
- In the top menu, select Assets > Manage.
The asset list opens.
- Click the checkbox of each asset whose workflow you wish to change.
- In the toolbar above the asset list, click on the More button.
- From the More drop-down menu, select Edit Tasks.
The Edit Tasks dialog box appears.
- In the Task Operation drop-down menu, select Add.
- In the Selected drop-down menu, select the workflow you wish to use.
An asset can only have one workflow, and can only have tasks from its assigned workflow. If you select a different workflow than the one that is currently assigned to the asset, tasks from the asset’s old workflow will be removed, unless a task with the same name exists in the new workflow.
- Check the checkbox for each task you wish to add. If you want to add all of the selected workflow’s tasks, check Select All.
- Click the Confirm button.
A toaster (pop-up) notification appears, indicating that the tasks for the selected items are being replaced. When the toaster notification disappears, tasks from old workflows have been removed from all the selected assets, and tasks from new workflow have been added.