Creating a new workflow includes a series of subtasks. To simplify the process, it may be a good idea to start from an existing workflow—see Duplicating Workflows.
Should you want to create a completely new workflow, follow this procedure.
- In the main menu, select Project Settings.
The Project Settings tab opens.
- Select the Workflows option.
The Workflows tab opens.
- Click Add.
The Add New Workflow dialog box opens.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the new workflow.
- In the Description field, type the workflow description.
- In the Search Type drop-down menu, select the type of item to which this workflow applies. For a scene, select Scene (tba/scene). For an asset, select Asset (vfx/asset).
- In the Colour field, use the colour picker widget to select an identification colour.
- Click Select to confirm the colour selection.
- We recommend that you leave the Autocreate Tasks option enabled. This means that when items are created using this workflow, the tasks will be created automatically.
- Click Add to create the workflow.
- In the Workflows list, select the new workflow.
The workflow appears in the editor.
- Click on the Create First Node icon to create the first node.
- Right-click on the node and select Rename Node.
- Type the new name.
- Press Enter to validate the name.
- Click on the Save icon to save the changes. Note that the Save icon has an orange glow whenever a change has been made to a workflow.