You can upload assets by either drag-and-dropping a file or through a file browser.
- From the left main menu, select Assets.
- You can already upload an asset using the simplest method. Drag and drop an asset into the main area. Similarly, to update an asset, you can drag the new version right on top of the previous one.
- To upload an asset, you can also click on the Ingest New Asset icon.
The Ingest tab opens.
- Do one of the following:
- Select Add Files and browse to select the assets you want to upload.
- Drag and drop the files in the designated area.
- Before clicking on the Ingest Files at the bottom, make sure to adjust the Ingest Settings. This is especially useful when uploading multiple files of a similar nature.
NOTE If all your new assets do not share the same characteristics, you should upload them separately. Categories and types make it easier to sort and organize your assets
— see Adding Categories and Types.
- In the Process drop-down menu, select a process at which these new assets should be starting. Note that only processes that are part of a pipeline which applies to assets will be listed here
— see About Processes.
- If applicable, in the Preview section, click the Browse button to select a preview image. Selecting a Preview file is only useful when adding files of a format for which Producer cannot render a thumbnail, such as a .fbx file for example. Moreover, you would not chose a single preview image for multiple uploads, unless the preview applies to all.
- It is recommended to leave the Code dialog empty and to let Producer automatically assign a code to the new assets.
- In the Name field, type a new asset name if you want the name of the new asset to be different from the name of the file. Note that this field is not available if you are uploading multiple assets.
- In the Description field, write an asset description.
- In the Pipeline drop-down menu, select the pipeline to apply to the assets
—see Pipelines and Workflows.
- In the Category drop-down menu, select the category to apply to the assets.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select the type to apply to the assets.
- In the Mapping Files to Items section, in the Determine how the file maps to a particular item drop-down menu, select a mapping option:
- Always insert a new item
- Update duplicate items
- Update as a sequence
- In the Ignore File Extension drop-down menu, select if you want to remove the file extension from the asset name. For example,
asset_003.pngwill be simply named
- In the Map file name to column drop-down menu, choose to which column to associate the file names. By default, the asset name is associated with the Name column.
- In the Content Mode drop-down menu, choose if the file names will be treated as Case Insensitive or Case Sensitive.
- Click Ingest Files.