You can update an existing asset's parameters such as its name, description, or pipeline.
- From the left main menu, select Assets.
- In the Asset tab, click on the Menu icon.
- In the drop-down menu, select List.
- Click on the name of the asset to edit.
The asset's tabs open.
- In the info tab, click the Edit button.
The Edit dialog box opens.
- If applicable, in the Preview section, click the Browse button to select a preview image. Selecting a Preview file is only useful when adding files of a format for which Producer cannot render a thumbnail, such as a .fbx file for example. Moreover, you would not chose a single preview image for multiple uploads, unless the preview applies to all.
- It is recommended to leave the Code dialog empty and to let Producer automatically assign a code to the new assets.
- In the Name field, type a new asset name if you want the name of the new asset to be different from the name of the file. Note that this field is not available if you are uploading multiple assets.
- In the Description field, write an asset description.
- In the Pipeline drop-down menu, select the pipeline to apply to the assets
—see Pipelines and Workflows.
- In the Category drop-down menu, select the category to apply to the assets.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select the type to apply to the assets.
- Click Save to confirm the changes or Cancel to cancel the operation.