If you want to create assets that do not yet exist, you can create such a placeholder in the “Manage” view of the “Asset” tab. This procedure is useful to quickly create a series of similar assets.
- From the left main menu, select Assets.
- In the Asset tab, click on the Menu icon.
- In the drop-down menu, select Manage.
- Click on the More Options icon (the downward arrow beside the Add icon) and select Add Multiple Items.
The Multi-Insert dialog box opens.
- In the Specify the number of items to add field, type the number of asset placeholder to create.
- If applicable, in the Preview section, click the Browse button to select a preview image. Selecting a Preview file is only useful when adding files of a format for which Producer cannot render a thumbnail, such as a .fbx file for example. Moreover, you would not chose a single preview image for multiple uploads, unless the preview applies to all.
- It is recommended to leave the Code dialog empty and to let Producer automatically assign a code to the new assets.
- In the Name field, type a new asset name if you want the name of the new asset to be different from the name of the file. Note that this field is not available if you are uploading multiple assets.
- In the Description field, write an asset description.
- In the Pipeline drop-down menu, select the pipeline to apply to the assets
—see Pipelines and Workflows.
- In the Category drop-down menu, select the category to apply to the assets.
- In the Type drop-down menu, select the type to apply to the assets.
- Click Add to create the asset.
NOTE: You can edit asset names using in-page editing. In the Manage section of the Asset tab, simply edit the names in place. Once all your changes are done, click on the Save icon.