When working with several nodes/layers, you may need to change certain properties for a lot of nodes at once. For example, you may want to:
- Make all your Drawing nodes to use 3D Path type position functions.
- Make all your Peg nodes to use Separate type position functions.
- Make all your Drawing nodes to apply their embedded pivot on their parent pegs.
- Disable animation on all your Drawing nodes.
- Set the mode of all your Composite nodes to Pass Through.
- Disable specific art layers on several Drawing nodes.
This is common for cut-out productions that need a lot of layers in their character rigs to have a specific configuration.
The Set Properties for Many Layers dialog allows you to select several nodes and to change the following properties for all the nodes in your selection:
- 3D Path or Separate mode
- Use Embedded Pivot
- Overlay On/Off
- Line Art On/Off
- Colour Art On/Off
- Underlay On/Off
- Animate Using Animation Tools
- Composite Mode
In the Timeline
or Nodeview, select all the layers /nodesfor which you want to change properties.
Node Viewtoolbar, click on Set Properties on Many Layers button.
The Set Properties on Many Layers dialog appears.
- Select the value of each property you want to change for all the selected nodes:
- 3D path or Separate Mode: Whether you want the Position parameter of the selected Peg and Drawing nodes to use a 3D Path type function or a Separate function for their position on the x, y and z axes.
- Use Embedded Pivot: Whether you want the selected Drawing nodes to apply their embedded pivot on themselves (Drawing), on their parent peg (Parent Peg) or not at all (Do Not Use)
- Overlay: Whether to enable the Overlay layer for the selected Drawing nodes.
- Line Art: Whether to enable the Line Art layer for the selected Drawing nodes.
- Color Art: Whether to enable the Color Art layer for the selected Drawing nodes.
- Underlay: Whether to enable the Underlay layer for the selected Drawing nodes.
Animate Using Animation Tools: Whether to allow users to manipulate and animate the selected Drawing nodes with the animation tools. Setting this to off will make animation tools work on the Drawing node's parent peg instead.NOTE This option only affects Drawing nodes, and not Peg nodes.
Composite Mode: Whether the selected Composite nodes should have their mode set to As Bitmap or to Pass Through.NOTE Composite nodes are only available in Harmony Premium.
For each property that you do not want to change for the selected nodes, leave As Is selected.
- Click on the OK button.