The first step in using drawing guides is to add a guide to the
- In the Tools toolbar, select either the
Brush, Pencil, Stroke or Line tool.
- Add the Guide view to your workspace by doing one of the following:
- In the top-right corner of any view in your workspace, click on the Add View button and select Guides.
- In the top menu, select Windows > Guides.
In the Guides view, click on the New Guide button and choose one of the following types of guides:
NOTE For information on each kind of guide in the list, see About Drawing Guides
- Square Grid
- Isometric Perspective
- 1-Point Perspective
- 2-Point Perspective
- 3-Point Perspective (Bird’s-Eye View)
- 3-Point Perspective (Worm’s-Eye View)
- 3-Point Perspective (Horizontal Pan)
- 3-Point Perspective (Vertical Pan)
- 4-Point Continuous Perspective
- 4-Point Perspective (Vertical Pan)
- 5-Point Perspective (Fisheye)
The new guide appears in the guides list.
- Adding a guide automatically toggles the Enable Guides option on, and automatically toggles the Lock Guides option off, so that you can immediately view and adjust your new guide.
- Your new guide will come in a preset position with preset parameters. To make adjustments to your guide, see Editing Drawing Guides.