Using the Eraser tool, you can erase portions of your drawing by drawing strokes over it.
How to erase with the Eraser tool
Select a drawing from the Drawing Thumbnails panel.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Eraser tool or press Alt + E.
- In the Presets list of the Tool Properties view, select a brush preset to use.
- Set the Maximum Size to the desired Eraser size.
NOTE If you are drawing with a mouse, your strokes will always be at their maximum size. If you are using a pressure-sensitive tablet, your strokes will vary in size depending on the pressure of your pen, ranging between 25% to 100% of the maximum size.
- In the Drawinga view, start erasing.
- You can quickly adjust the size of the selected drawing tool by pressing and holding the O key, then clicking and dragging in the drawing space. If you are using a tablet pen, doing this with the eraser tip of your pen will adjust the size of the Eraser tool, regardless of which drawing tool is selected.
- If you press and hold the Shift key before or while drawing, you will draw a straight line.
- If you press and hold the Spacebar key while drawing a straight line, the angle of your line will lock. If you are using a pressure-sensitive tablet, you can draw over your line to adjust its thickness.
If you press and hold the Shift and Alt keys before or while drawing, you will draw a straight horizontal or vertical line.