Breaking Text Into Letters or Vector Shapes
- In the Tools toolbar, click the Select tool or press Alt + S.
- In the Drawing view, select the text object you want to break.
- From the top menu, select Drawing > Convert > Break ApartText Layers.
Each character is surrounded by a bounding box that you can modify; they remain text objects that you can edit.
- If you want to convert your independent letter to a complete vector object that you can deform, use the Select tool to select the letters to convert.
- From the top menu, select
Selected> Convert > Break Apart Text Layers to break the selection into a regular drawing object, with no more text attributes.