You can create morphing sequences on separated layers using morphing layers.
- In the Timeline view, add a new drawing element and name it properly.
- In the first cell, draw the main source shape such as the head shape or body shape. Do not add details like eyes.
- In the Timeline view, select the destination cell.
- Enable and extend the Onion Skin.
- In the destination cell, draw the second drawing.
- In the Timeline view, select the in-between cells.
- Do one of the following:
- Right-click and select Morphing > Create Morphing.
- Press Alt + M.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Morphing tool.
- In the Morphing Tools Properties view, click on the Add Layer button to add a new morphing layer. When you click on a morphing layer drawing, it automatically appears on top of the others. If you want it to stay in place, for example the wing behind the body, enable the Show Morphing in Place option in the Morphing Tool Properties view.
- Double-click on the new layer's name and name it appropriately.
- Press Enter/Return.
- Use the Up and Down arrow buttons to move the new layer above or below the
- If placed above the
Mainlayer, it will be displayed in front. If it is placed below, it will be displayed behind.
- To create new drawings, double-click on the blank area under the From section to create the source drawing and the To section for the destination drawing and type a different value than the ones used for the main layer.
- Press Enter/Return.
You do not need to type any value for the
Main layer as it uses the one from the Xsheet column.
- Click on the new source drawing to start drawing the new part. (Make sure that you are working on the proper drawing by verifying the name in the Camera or Drawing view's bottom left corner.)
- In the Camera or Drawing view, draw the source drawing.
- Once the source drawing is done, use the Morphing Tool Properties view and click on the destination drawing's name and draw it in the Camera or Drawing view.
- Repeat steps 9 to 15 for each layer needed. You can add as many layers as you want.
- Enable or disable the layers that you want to display or hide while drawing.
- If you want to change the layer duration, click on the layer and change the start and stop numbers.
The length indicator changes according to the new values.