Vectorizing Bitmap Artwork
- In the Timeline view, create a new vector drawing layer, and make sure it is listed right below your bitmap drawing layer. If it is not, drag and drop the vector drawing layer below the bitmap drawing layer to reorder it.
- On the right side of the Timeline view, select all the bitmap drawings you vectorize, along with the frames in the vector layer which should serve as a destination for the vectorized images.
- Right-click on the selected frames, then select Drawings > Vectorize Line Art in Selected Drawing.
The Convert to Vector Drawing dialog box opens.
- In the Vectorization section, select a vectorization preset. Among the default presets, you can select Black and White if you wish to make crisp, vector only outlines, or Grey if you wish to preserve your line art's texture. You can customize your own preset using the Add or Edit buttons
—see About Custom Vectorization Parameters.
- Click OK.
Your bitmap drawing layer's line art is vectorized and inserted into your vector drawing layer.
- Click on the Enable/Disable Layer icon next to your bitmap drawing layer to hide your bitmap line art and see your vectorized line art.
For this functionality to work, your selection must absolutely have frames from a bitmap drawing layer on top, and frames from a vector drawing layer in the bottom, and nothing else. Otherwise, an error message indicating how to use this feature will appear.