Editing the Resting Positions for an Envelope Deformation Chain
- Do one of the following:
- In the
Camera, Timeline or Nodeview, select one of the drawing layers linked to the deformation chain you want to edit.
- In the Timeline
or Nodeview, select the deformation group orany part of the deformation chain you want to edit.
- In the Deformation toolbar, click the Show the Selected Deformation Chain and Hide All Others button.
The selected deformation controls appear in the Camera view. If other deformations were displayed, they are now hidden.
- n the Deformation toolbar, click the Rigging tool.
The chain turns from green to red. A green chain indicates the puppet is in animation mode. A red chain indicates the puppet is in a resting position. Make sure your chain is red.
- In the Camera view, set up the deformation chain.
- Use the envelope’s square control points to resize and reposition each segment of the envelope chain.
- Use the curve handles to modify the shape of the envelope.
- Repeat until all the curves of the chain are correctly aligned to the element to which it is linked. You can also set additional parameters in the Layer Properties window
—see Deformation Nodes.
- With the deformation nodes
or groupstill selected, in the Deformation toolbar, click the Reset Current Keyframe button. This will set the current resting position as the current frame one.
- Test your modifications using the Transform tool.