You can use the Polyline tool to draw complex segmented lines or curved lines by creating each point constituting the line.
How to draw with the Polyline tool
- Select a drawing from the Drawing Thumbnails panel.
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Polyline tool
or press Alt + _.
- In the
Drawingview, do one of the following:
- Click to create a point with no Bezier handles.
- Click and drag to create a point and its Bezier handles in the same stroke.
While dragging to create a Bezier handle, you can:
- Hold the Alt key to only change the angle of the outer handle, and leave the inner handle at its current angle.
- Hold the Shift key to lock the angle of the handle at every 15 degrees.
- Click or click and drag somewhere else to create the second point in your line. A line will be drawn between the first point and the second point.
- Repeat the previous step until your line is complete.
- While holding Ctrl (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ (macOS), click anywhere in the drawing space to release the Polyline tool from the line you've been building. You can then start building a new line.
- If you want to make adjustments to the line you created, you can use the Contour Editor tool
—see Reshaping a Shape, Pencil Line or Stroke with the Contour Editor Tool.