Before you start adding layers to your puppets, make sure the Default Separate Position
With the Default Separate Position preference selected, when you create new
For cut-out animation, you want to have three independent axes so you can control them individually.
When you lock the three positions together, each time you add a keyframe, it is added on all three positions at the same time.
When you separate the three positions and add a keyframe on one axis, it is not added on the other two. This gives you more freedom when animating with motion keyframes and nudging parts forward and backward over time.
- Do one of the following:
- Windows/Linux: Select Edit > Preferences.
- macOS: Select Harmony Essentials > Preferences.
- Press Ctrl + U (Windows/Linux) or ⌘ + U (macOS).
- In the Preferences dialog box, select the General tab.
- In the Settings section, select the Default Separate Position for Pegs option.
- Click OK.