Once a guide is active and properly set up, you can use it to assist you in creating a drawing with perspective. The guide will display its axes going through your mouse cursor as you move it inside your drawing space. When you start drawing a stroke, your drawing tool will become locked to the axis that most closely matches the angle of your stroke, forcing you to draw a straight line along that axis, as if you were using a ruler or a set square.
Guides can only be used with the Brush, Pencil
- In the Timeline or Xsheet view, select a drawing, or select an empty cell and create a new drawing by doing one of the following:
- Right-click on the cell and select Drawing > Create Empty Drawing.
- Press Alt + Shift + R
- In the Tools toolbar, select the Brush , Pencil
, Strokeor Line tool.
- In the Guides view, select the guide you wish to use.
- In the drawing area, draw a stroke with the current drawing tool. From the initial gesture, the tool locks on one of the guide's axes, forcing it to draw a straight line that follows the axis.