To install Harmony on macOS, you must open the Apple Disk Image (.img) file, copy its content to the Applications folder, then have an administrator authorize each application inside it for launch. After that, regular users will be able to launch its applications without administrator authorization.
In a file browser, double-click on the application package you have downloaded.
The License Agreement prompt appears.
- If you accept the license agreement presented by the application package, click on the Agree button. Otherwise, click on Disagree.
- Wait for macOS to verify the content of the package.
- In the Finder window that opens, do one of the following:
- If you intend to work in a Harmony Server environment, whether as server or as a client workstation, select Toon BoomHarmony 16.0AdvancedNetwork.
- If you only intend to work in a fully standalone environment or if you only intend to connect to a Harmony database using WebCC, select Toon BoomHarmony 16.0Advanced.
- Drag and drop the selected folder in Applications.
Wait for the package to finish copying.
Once the package is done copying, Harmony is installed. However, you must use an administrator account to authorize its applications before regular users can start using Harmony—see Authorizing Harmony Applications on macOS.