Once you are done working on the local copy of a scene, you must re-import it back into the Harmony Server database to make your changes accessible to other users.
- Although it is possible to export several scenes at the same time, scenes can only be re-imported individually.
- Users who do not have administrative privileges must be assigned a scene before they can export or re-import it—see User Types and Restrictions in WebCC and Assigning Scenes to Users in WebCC.
- You cannot import a scene that was checked out by another user.
- Scenes cannot be uploaded or downloaded using a tablet.
- If you want to export or import environments, jobs and scenes for archiving, you must use the Control Center. WebCC is designed to allow remote project collaborators to work on individual scenes.
- Create an .zip archive containing a single scene. The archive should have the same folder structure as the one you download when exporting your scenes from WebCC.
- In WebCC, select Admin > Import.
The Import panel opens.
- Click Add Another File to your Exchange to browse for and upload your zip file.
Once the package is uploaded, WebCC analyzes its content and displays information about the scene.
- If you have checked out the scene when you exported it, select the Checkin option to check your scene back into the Harmony database and allow other users to modify it.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Quick Import to import your scene with the default options.
- Click Import with Options to select the scene assets to import into the database—see Import or Export to Another Database Options.