If your production requires you to mark drawings with a custom marker, you also have the option to create your own.
Make custom marks for the Xsheet by creating your own icons, then cutting, pasting and changing a bit of code. Not only is it possible to have your custom mark appear in the Xsheet and Mark Drawing toolbars, but also in the Onion Skin and Flip toolbars.
- With a bitmap editing software, create the following icons in PNG format:
- Mark Drawing Toolbar icon (24 x 24 pixel)
- Onion Skin Toolbar icon (24 x 24 pixel)
- Flip Toolbar icon (24 x 24 pixel)
- Xsheet Column icon (16 x 16 pixel)
- Close Harmony.
- When your icons are ready, open the Toon Boom Harmony
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium: C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony\full-1200-pref\drawingTypes.d
- Toon Boom Harmony Advanced: C:\Users\[user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom StageAdvanced\full-1200-pref\drawingTypes.d
On macOS, the Library folder is a hidden folder. To display the display the folder, told down the Alt key.
- Toon Boom Harmony Premium: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Harmony/full-1200-pref/drawingTypes.d
- Toon Boom Harmony Advanced: /Users/[user_name]/Library/Preferences/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Stage Advanced/full-1200-pref/drawingTypes.d
- /home/user_name/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom Harmony/full-1200-pref/drawingTypes.d
- /home/user_name/Toon Boom Animation/Toon Boom StageAdvanced/full-1200-pref/drawingTypes.d
In Harmony Server, the path is global for all users so you must create the folder and place in /USA_DB.
NOTE: If the drawingTypes.d folder does not exist, you must create it. To do so, copy the
resourcesfolder from the following location.
- Windows: Start > Programs > Harmony 15
- macOS: Applications > Toon Boom Harmony 15.0
Premium> resources > drawingTypes.d
- GNU/Linux: /usr/local/ToonBoomAnimation/harmony_12/lnx86_64/bin/Stage/resources/drawingTypes.d
- Paste your icons in the
- In the same directory, open the
drawingTypes.xmlfile in a text editor.
- For each custom icon you want to create, add the following line. Make sure to place it before this closing tag:
- <DrawingType text="NewButtonName" pixmapFile="XsheetIcon.png" commandIcon="MarkDrawingIcon.png" flipIcon="FlipIcon.png" onionIcon="OnionIcon.png" />
- In that line, replace the following information with your new icon information:
- NewButtonName: Write the name of your new marker. This name will appear in the button tooltip.
- XsheetIcon.png: Write the name of the icon that you created to appear in the Xsheet column. Include the file extension.
- MarkDrawingIcon.png: Write the name of the icon that you created to appear in the Mark Drawing toolbar. Include the file extension.
- FlipIcon.png: Write the name of the icon that you created to appear in the Flip toolbar. Include the file extension.
- OnionIcon.png: Write the name of the icon that you created to appear in the Onion Skin toolbar. Include the file extension.
- Save the file and close it.
- Start Harmony.