The traditional way of configuring the database server is by using the Configuration Assistant to install it as a daemon. This makes the database server launch immediately on boot, as user usabatch.
Using Service Launcher, it is possible to configure your database server to only launch its database server service as the logged-in user. This means the database will only be accessible if the user configured to run it is signed in. Although this may seem impractical, it may be preferable for security reasons, mainly that the logged-in user does not need to have administrator privileges to run services through Service Launcher.
If you have already installed the database server daemon using Configuration Assistant, you will need to disable the daemon first to avoid launching two instances of the database server.
In a terminal, type in the following command:
$ sudo launchctl unload -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.toonboom.DatabaseServer.plist
The database server daemon will stop and will no longer launch on boot.
Make sure you are currently signed-in as the user who will run the service.NOTEThis user will need to be logged in for the service to be running. The user does not need to have administrator privileges.
- Do one of the following:
- If Service Launcher is not running, open a Finder window, then go to Applications > Toon BoomHarmony 15.0 Premium Network > Tools and double-click on Service Launcher.
- If Service Launcher is already running, click on its icon in the system tray.
The Service Launcher application launches.
- In the Application parameters section of the Preferences tab, make sure that the Launch on login option is checked, so that services configured in Service Launcher automatically launch when you log in to your account.
- Select the Database Server tab.
- Click on Launch to verify that the database server launches successfully through Service Launcher.
- Check the Launch when Service Launcher starts option.
In the top menu, select Server > Save All Settings.
From now on, the database server will launch through Service Launcher when you log in.