Using the Highlight Effect
Using the Tone effect, you can apply a highlight to a drawing. Contrary to the Glow effect, the Highlight effect does not convert your drawing into a glow, it applies the glow onto your drawing. The resulting render includes both the drawing to its glow.
The Highlight effect uses a matte drawing layer to determine which areas of the drawing to apply the highlight to. The highlight will not be applied outside of the drawing or outside of the matte.
- Select a drawing layer and do one of the following:
- From the Node Library view, select the Highlight effect and drag it to the Node view.
- In the Node view, right-click and select Insert > Combine > Highlight.
- Connect the Highlight node between the drawing and Composite node.
- In the Drawing or Camera view, create a drawing on a new layer that will act as the matte.
- In the Timeline view, click the Collapse/Expand button on the effect layer.
Do one of the following:
- Drag and drop the matte layer beside the Matte field.
- Connect the Matte drawing to the Matte port of the Highlight node.
- Display the Highlight properties and adjust the properties to control the type and amount of blur and the colour of the highlight effect—see Highlight Node.