You can use the Cutter node to cut out parts of a layer. You can also use it to only show certain parts of a layer by enabling its Inverted parameter.
- Select a drawing layer and do one of the following:
- From the Node Library view, select the Cutter effect and drag it to the Node view.
- In the Node view, right-click and select Insert > Combine > Cutter.
- Connect the Cutter node between the Drawing and Composite nodes.
- In the Timeline view, create a new layer, which will be used as your Cutter effect's Matte layer.
- In your new Matte layer, draw the shape that you want to cut out from your drawing layer.
- Connect the Matte drawing to the Cutter node's matte port, on the left.
- If you want to invert the Cutter's effect, double-click on the Cutter node's Matte icon to toggle its Inverted parameter.